Monday, May 7, 2012

Tunnel Singing

For those of you who do not know what "Tunnel Singing" is, prepare to be amazed... okay really it's not something that's shocking... but if you go regularly, yes it will change your life.  Tunnel Singing is an event hosted at BYU every sunday at 10 P.M. until 11 P.M.  BYU students, and fellow YSA age adults show up and for an hour sing hymns to the Lord, in a cement "tunnel sorta thing".  I went with my buddies so many times last summer and I LOVED it.  It became a tradition for us on sunday nights.  Tonight I again had the opprotunity to go with my friends M. and S. (initials to protect the innocent).

I am so blessed to have such great friends, friends who are willing to give up about two hours of their time (you must account for driving time) to go sing hymns to the Lord.  The spirit that is there at the tunnel is so strong; it makes me so happy to see so many kids willing to give up their time for a better cause.  I feel as if I learn something new each time I go.  The spirit really is such a great teacher.  For example tonight I learned how passionate God must be.  He has given us so many things to appreciate him with, and with each He has given such a beautiful exceptional way to worship Him through it.  Second point on the subject - If I can be so passionate about words and about how they're said/sung, then God must be infinitely more passionate about every good thing.  Tunnel singing has totally blessed my life, I totally wished that my college had such an awesome, spiritual ritual each sunday night. 

In other news, I moved home this weekend.  I'm so grateful to be home to my family and friends here in "hick-ville" There is so much good here, and so many good feelings that come up just from driving down a certain street, or walking down the aisle in a certain store or driving past the High School.  I love it; and totally have missed it.  The last few days I've spent mostly just loving it here at home, but also hanging out with some of my bestest friends ever.  So glad that I have more than just one BFF, don't know where I'd be without these kids.

wow... that's kinda a lot to read, sorry I made you read about my boring life... Well until next time, Have an awesome day!

1 comment: