Sunday, May 20, 2012

{Praying For His Little Heart}

A few months ago we found out that my sister-in-law was expecting another child, a few weeks ago we found out that his heart is having major problems in developing.  A few days ago we found out that he is going to need a LOT of special surgeries within the first few years in order for his heart to sustain life, and possibly even a heart transplant later on in life.  Basically his left chamber is smaller than his right, and if he doesn't get a special surgery within the first few days, his heart will not be able to sustain his life.

My family has been praying so hard for him, and has put his name on the prayer roll at the temples.  I am so grateful today to know that I have a loving Heavenly Father who just loves us so much that, as my buddy Wayne puts it, "he's always waiting to give us a giant bear hug."  I can't even imagine how it must be to be my sister-in-law and hear such hard news.  It is hard to hear as an aunt but as a mom, that must be so much harder.

I am so amazed by all the little ones born in this life, and their ability to defy gravity, and tell the world what's up when all the odds are against them.  These babies/toddlers truly inspire me.  It's amazing to think that even though they don't understand what's going on, that they have enough perseverance to keep going and to eventually pull through.  I hope that that's what happens with my nephew-to-be.  I hope that he can pull some strings and defy the odds, and live a normal life.

And so we continue to pray....

No comments:

Post a Comment