Ever had one of those amazing classes that you learn a bunch in? That's how I feel about my high school U.S. History and A.P. Psychology teacher (same lady). Hartley was an amazing teacher, I learned so many things from her.
You may be wondering how in the world this came up seeming how I graduated a year ago. Well earlier today I read a blog post by a fellow blogger. It made me laugh real good, so I shared it again with my parents this evening. Read that post here. Afterwards, my mom and I began talking about the 2012 election and about some of the greatest presidents we've ever had.
At the top of this list were Truman, George W. Bush, Lincoln, Washington, Teddy Roosevelt and any other president that had to do something that had never been done before. Some of you may disagree with our choices but we figured, that no man ever had to fight such drastic terrorist attacks, unite an entire country, reunite a country while battling slavery, pull a country out of a financial depression as deep as the ocean, or prepare an army for one of the most well-known ambushes in the world (D-day). These are amazing challenges that these men had to find solutions to, without other experiences within our own country to draw from, and all of these men succeeded in the best way they knew how.
As we were talking about this, I told my mom an amazing story about D-day, and other stories I learned from U.S. history my sophomore/jr. year of high school (I don't remember which). I am still so amazed that I remember so much. I think that's how you know that you have a great teacher; when years later, you can remember the important stories, and information. Hartley did an awesome job of drilling the important things into our mind, and I have yet nor do I think I will ever forget these things. I can HONESTLY say that the classes taken from her were probably some of the best spent time I ever spent in a class, I learned something new everyday.
I sincerely hope that each of you has had a teacher as amazing as her, one whose teachings actually stay with you throughout the rest of your lives, and if you haven't I hope that you get one like her soon, because everyone deserves to have at least one AMAZING TEACHER.
No comments:
Post a Comment