Wednesday, July 25, 2012

{We Rejoice in Him}

It seems as of late, there has been a lot of things that have hit me pretty hard, but one of the big ones seems to be testimonies of Jesus Christ, and our friendship with Him.

As my mind has pondered the many things about Christ, I've come to one conclusion, a conclusion that I've always known but that has never hit me quite like this before.  That He lives, and that he is more than just a man.

As I've read more and more testimonies, and pondered such things, I've felt myself grow closer to the Savior, and I've felt my testimony of Him grow, I've learned so much about Christ in this last little bit.  Not only have I learned more about Him, but also more about myself.  It seems to me that it doesn't matter how many times we learn something, or how many times we discuss some topic (church related), there is always something more to learn about the subject or about ourselves.  We may have to dive deeper into the subject rather than just skimming the surface, but there is something that you can learn.

This is one of the many videos that I've watched in the last few days that talks about Christ, specifically the importance of having pictures of Him around our homes.  Miss CaLea's testimony is amazing.  I too, have also noticed the difference it makes to have a depiction of the Savior in my home and room.  I loved this video.  I hope you may enjoy it also.


Have you considered your testimony of Jesus Christ lately?  I definitely have and would love to share mine with you.

I know that Christ lives, I know that He loves us beyond measure.  I don't know many people who would voluntarily go into a garden and bleed from every pore because they loved all mankind so much.  He truly died for us, that we may be free from sin.  He died that our spiritual record could become spotless again, that takes an amazing amount of love.  I know that we could never even comprehend the amount of love that He has for us.

He is my friend, He is the ONLY friend that I have that will ever truly understand what I'm going through.  He knows every pain and heartache that I've ever faced.  He knows ME!  And He knows you too.  And our Redeemer knows that our souls are of great worth, because He paid a great price for them; in blood. (D&C 18:10-12)

Christ is our brother and is there, even when we think He is absent; He is always knocking, we just have to let him in.  I know that He really did live and performed amazing miracles during His lifetime, and still continues to allow miracles to happen now.  I testify that he really did appear to Joesph Smith to instruct him to restore the true Church to the earth.  I know that as long as we continue to get to know Christ through prayer and careful study, that we will recognize Him when we see Him again.  I love my Savior, and I am so very grateful for the sacrifices that he has made for me.  Because of those sacrifices, I have become free.  And for that I'm so very grateful!

And so today, I invite YOU to come unto Him and to "learn of [Him]".

No comments:

Post a Comment