Thursday, July 12, 2012

{Human Again... }

This last few days has been so so weird to me.  I feel like a completely different person than the one in my last post.  Sunday and Monday were some pretty downer days for me.  I was upset about some crazy things that had been happening in life lately, and really didn't want to have anything to do with anyone about anything.  Well, tuesday came along, and suddenly things took a shift for the better.

I had things to look forward to, like my new computer coming in the mail (to be blogged about later), and Lightroom 4.  And I was scheduled to work a short shift, YAY!  Work really was the major turning point for me.  You see, there is this amazing thing about my work, it makes you happy.  Sure, there are things I hate about my work, but the benefits out weigh the deficits.  I go to work and I get to meet so many new people everyday, each with fascinating stories to tell.  It's amazing to me all the people I meet, and most of them make me happy.

Secretly, {don't tell anyone this}, I REALLY do love my job!  It's not something that I would ever want to do for life, but I don't mind it for now.  It makes me so happy and I feel useful when I'm there.

A large part of my happiness on Tuesday came from the realization that we are ALL Human.  We all make mistakes. We all have short comings.  We all tick people off. We can't always be there for the friend or family member who needs us most, especially when we have a deeper need inside of us.  And lastly, but most importantly, we ALL need FORGIVENESS

I decided, at that point, that I was going to just let it all go.  We're human.  We all need to forgive and be forgiven, it's proven to be healthier for you.  And don't forget, it'll rack you up some big points in heaven, because "the Lord, will forgive whom [he] will forgive, but of [us] it is required to forgive all men." And how often should we forgive, "seventy times seven"

Because of my want to be forgiven for my shortcomings amongst those whom I have wronged, I decided to forgive those who have had shortcomings with me.  It was peaceful afterwards, and from then on out, I knew that I had made the right choice.

I've been thinking about this post since this morning (Wednesday, even though this will post on Thursday), and what to call it.  When all of the sudden this song popped into mind.  I thought I would share.  



Forgiveness does indeed make us human again... and it is the only way to be truly human again.

No comments:

Post a Comment