Have you ever felt left out? Ever wondered why you're friends with a certain someone, when they sometimes treat you awful? Have you ever just wanted to get away because of it?
If so, I can totally empathize with you. This is how I've felt all this week, and for the past few months, but even more so this week. I have two friends that I love to death, but it seems that whenever I'm around them, they just ignore me. This last week I have felt so left out, even when I try so hard to add to the conversation, and hang out with them or invite them to go to subway with me and a roommate or something. Sometimes it's hard to be the third wheel ALL the time.
So today while I was feeling sort of down, instead of getting on Facebook or playing games on my iPod, I picked up The Book of Mormon and began reading in Alma 5, several times it talks about the "good shepherd" and his sheep. As I read about this I felt a sudden peace come into my heart, in that instant I knew that my Savior lived and that He loves me beyond my knowledge. I know my Shepherd, and I am continually striving to come unto Him.
I just love those moments when the world seems so wrong and confusing and so negative, and then when you make a good choice such as that to pick up the scriptures first instead of another book you may be reading, and your whole day changes. It is in those moments that I realize how blessed I really am.
In other news: The weather here is crazy, I swear it has rained, snowed, sleeted, and the sun has shined all within the last hour. Yesterday, I went golfing for my golf class, and half way through our 9- holes it went from 72 to 63 degrees. What the dues! Yes, I may be crazy for living in Utah but I ABSOLUTELY love it! Finals are almost here! YAY! Not YAY for the finals but YAY that I get to move back home with my old friends, and my family again. I miss them so so much, I am so blessed to have them in my life, each member truly brings me pure happiness!
No comments:
Post a Comment