Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pondering a Few of My Curiousities

Everyone has something that they've wondered about before.  Whether it's how our brains work or why cows don't fly, but birds do, we've all been curious in one way or another.  Last night I spent quite some time talking with a good friend of mine.  We talked a lot about the various wonders of the world that we have pondered.  This post might be a little boring or weird, but it's some food for thought.

First wonder for me, What is space? There are stars, massive balls of gas, rocks, and so much more.  What is it really? When does it end? Why do we not know more? I believe that there is more life out there on different planets somewhere, but why have we not found it, or found a way to communicate with them?

My second thought had a little more to do with the fact that I had just eaten a freezing cold smoothie.  Why do we get brain freezes? What exactly causes them? Why does it hurt so badly?  My friend answered this for me.  It has a lot to do with the nerves at the top of your mouth being cold and sending a signal to your brain that it's painful... and so on and so forth, or something like that.

The last wonder that I want to talk about today is a little more serious.  Who created the first God? My logic behind this comes a lot from the Latter-day Saint standpoint.  I believe that we have a God, and that someday we can become like him.  Well if He extends that mercy to us, then someone must have extended that offer to him. Which means, that God has a God.  If His God has a God, and so on and so forth, then who created the first God? What's our purpose after we become a God, our purpose here on earth is to return to him and become exalted, but what do we do after that?

So now, you see what I mean.  My brain probably thinks more than it should.  It's good though!  Happy thoughts!  What are your mysterious wonders of the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment