I've just finished reading Dieter Uchtdorf's book, "your happily Ever After." I loved it, there are so many great quotes in it that I just love. What an inspired man he is. Since I've started reading I've had several thoughts and inspirations com to me. One of them being, "What's your story? Write your story down." I love that various thoughts have started to flow. This thought in particular though has harvested many thoughts and stories that I've forgotten, or deemed unimportant.
It was the little things like remembering the first time I was grounded, or the memories that I had as a child of racing my dear, sweet mother to get my seat-belt on before her that seemed to be almost forgotten in my sea of memories. I remember perhaps the insignificant memories of loneliness that I felt throughout my middle school and jr. high years, and the unimportant leadership positions that I held. Other times- more treasured times- have also come to mind; times of pure peace as I gave a talk I had prayerfully pondered for girls camp, my first kiss, and times when I've felt pure love and joy for those around me.
As I begin to put my fairytale together, I'm beginning to understand and see the bigger picture. I am starting to see that like every princess story, my adversity makes me stronger, makes the end result more worth it. I'm seeing that every princess has tribulations, and that it is no different for me. I'm beginning to see that each part of my story brings about better more miraculous things. I have begun to see the importance of some trials I now face, or have faced in the last few years, and why I need to face them at this particular time. And it is making me stronger, and better. I'm the farthest person from perfect, but I continually strive to be better everyday, and to make others better.
So today, I ask you, what is your story? Are you in the early stages, or the late stages? Are you defeating your villains, and working on getting to your "Happily Ever After?" or is your story going to be a tragedy? I beg you, please don't let your potential fairytale turn into a tragedy. I know it is hard at times to go through trials, but I can promise you that if you strive for a 'happily ever after,' then you will be so much happier. Trust me I know that the Celestial Kingdom will be great, and YOU deserve to be there.
Keep your chin up, look for the big picture. Choose to see past the dragons, wicked step-sisters, evil queens, and beasts. Choose to see your potential, to see your prince charming at a beautiful Castle (temple) of God. Choose to see your eternity with your family in the Celestial Kingdom, choose to see your happy ending.
Have you pondered your story, lately? Have you considered how it will end yet? Are you on the right track to get to the ending that you want? If not get there, it is so so worth it. The last thing I ask you tonight is 'are you writing your story down as it happens?' I know I have a rough time with this, but I'm going to try harder to write it down, so that years later my posterity can go back and read my fairytale, and hopefully find their own happy endings.
Thanks for this Mel
ReplyDelete