I have been so incredibly blessed this semester to live in such a fantastic apartment. I know that when I come home that I am coming home to friends. My roommates are seriously AWESOME! They really make my apartment home.
I know that whenever I come home that the spirit will be here. It's a place where we can talk about the gospel openly and freely- I'm never afraid to ask a question (that might sound really silly about the church) but to which I don't know the answer to.
I know that the standard is set high. We have high standards in apartment 3 and they don't drop for anything. Our home is a place of prayer and testimony. I can't go 1 day without seeing one of my roommates pray. And sometimes it comes as a reminder to me that I may have forgotten to pray that morning and sometimes it comes just as an invitation to just bow my head and visit with my Father in Heaven for just a few minutes.
It also is a place of service and happiness. Man, it seems that no matter what could be going wrong in life there is always a brighter side to it and I definitely see that in this apartment. I have a roommate, who is seriously happy ALL the time (I love it!), and I swear EVERYTHING could go wrong for her and she would still just laugh it off. She is probably the happiest person I have EVER met, and for that I am so grateful. When I first moved here, I was struggling a lot and it helped so much to come home and just hear her laugh. I actually started laughing at myself more often, which has made me happier. I want to be a better person and a better friend because of the people that I'm surrounded by.
Our apartment makes mistakes sometimes, and that's okay. Sometimes we all mistakes, but the good news is that, even though you can't always fix the problem, you can make it right. We know that in apartment 3, and we practice it openly!
Our apartment also knows how to have fun! We are all about the jokes, sarcasm, and laughs over harmless things! We love to go on random, spur-of-the-moment ice cream or pie runs. We love to talk about boys and fun experiences. We have a good time here.
I am so grateful for my roommates and what I am learning from them. I am super blessed this semester. Heavenly Father definitely sent me to this apartment with these roommates and this ward for a reason. I am also very grateful for such a positive environment and for a place to very openly feel the spirit, it is such a relief. I don't think even my home growing up ever felt like this. And my apartment last semester did not always offer the opportunity to have the spirit there. It truly is amazing what making your home a place where the spirit can be present and felt can do for you personally.
No comments:
Post a Comment