Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Defining Who You Are

This week I've learned a lot about who I am.  Monday night I had a lot on my mind and went for a drive.  I parked near the temple and spent some time just thinking.  I then began to talk with my Father in Heaven.

I came to the conclusion that I was defining myself by my mistakes and not by my worth.  I vowed from that moment on that I would refer to myself based on my worth and not my mistakes.  I don't want to define myself by my mistakes because that's not who I am.

I am not an addict.  I am not a rebel.  And I most certainly am not a mistake.  Not anymore.   I am a person who struggles with addiction, and rebellion and who makes mistakes.  But I am not those things. 

My name is Mel and I am a daughter of God!  I am loved infinitely and I deserve to be loved! I am a good person and I am intelligent.  I am a human being who has infinite worth and potential to become a celestial being. 

No comments:

Post a Comment