Sometimes we have to do things that we dont want to, because sometimes we need to grow.
A few weeks ago, I was NOT excited to come home for christmas break, I didn't want to deal with the drama and problems at home. I definitely didn't want to deal with a boy who can't seem to get the hint that I'm not interested, and I most certainly did not want to move EVERYTHING that I owned (all packed in boxes) into my small bedroom at home where I would continually be digging through various boxes to find the things that I need.
However, I have learned in the last few weeks that there is much to learn about those things that you dont want to do. I learned that although my family has problems, so does every other family and I still love them and what they mean to me despite their faults. I've learned that there is happiness in the little things- reading a story to the small children, playing games with your family, turning off the t.v. and turning on the conversation creates memories that will last so much longer. I've learned that self-mastery is an important thing to have and that when gained one must assume that he has not gained it because he probably has not. I've learned that by standing up for what you know is right, even when it is really hard, the lord blesses you in little ways. And I've learned that living out of boxes isn't so bad- at least I have things that bring more comfort to life.
Sometimes we have to do things that we don't want to because we need to grow into a better person than we thought we could ever be. The man upstairs knows the whole game and will take care of everything if you trust him and his timing.
No comments:
Post a Comment