I turned twenty yesterday. It was a fabulous day filled with lots of friends, wishes, family, yummy food, Mtn. Dew, and love. I got to come home to start my spring break after classes and came home to my room all decorated by my family.
On my birthday eve I came home to find that my wonderful roommates had decorated my room- I got to sleep under the stars within the comfort of my own bed that night (I love sleeping under the stars). It was an all around great day... to make it better I got something that I've wanted for a very long long time. My parents gave me a cedar chest for my birthday- I totes LOVE it! It's beautiful and get this... it has a secret compartment! It's flippen awesome!!!
So in Honor of my birthday I'm going to share 20 things that you may not know about me.
1. I am the youngest of 8 kids
2. I play the piano, drums, trumpet, and baritone
3. I am learning to love who I am- and am becoming who I've always wanted to be
4. One of the greatest blessings in my life came from taking a leap of faith and being humble enough to say I couldn't do it alone anymore and that I needed help.
5. The temple is one of my favorite thinking places... I don't even have to go inside just sitting in the parking lot brings so much peace to me.
6. I'm a photographer.
7. I love to sing at the top of my lungs while driving, in the shower, cleaning or just in general (where appropriate i.e. not in church)
8. I have a niece or nephew for every year I am old.
9. The scriptures have brought me so much joy.
10. I get jealous easily
11. Mountain Dew is the nectar of the gods
12. My favorite temples are Washington D.C., Manti, and Mount Timpanogos respectively
13. I'm a completely different person now than I was 6 months and I'm so proud of it!
14. I love to cook!
15. I've learned over the years that the things that you need to do most are often the hardest things to do.
16. I have the best roommate ever- I don't even know what or where I'd be without her help over the last few months.
17. I'm a survivor!
18. I almost bought a pair of cowboy boots yesterday.
19. I have a strange obsession with chinese food
20. I listen to Spanish music for fun- and sometimes more often then I listen to music in English.
And there ya have it! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment