Monday, February 18, 2013

End an Awful Day Right

Today was just a downright awful day.  One of those days that not much could make it better.  If you ever have one of these days- no matter the hour there is one cure to let at least one thing end it right.  Service.

Just listen to what the people around you are saying.  For example, tonight my roommate was saying something about wishing she had Dr. Pepper, but perhaps it's your significant other whose craving some food or drink, or perhaps your mother wishing that a picture was hung or the dishes were done. 

You next step is to NOT say anything.  Without a word get up and do something that will make them smile- maybe you can't fix or accomplish what they're wishing but I'm sure if you thought hard enough that you'd find some way to make them smile.

Lastly, don't say anything about it being done, even if it isn't appreciated to it's full value, it will at least make you feel better.

So for example, today was just a downright rough day- one of those days that I just spent most of my day in bed.  Well after I finally got up and did somethings to distract me, I started listening.  My roommate was saying something about how she wished she had some Dr. Pepper, so after a few minutes I got up, got my keys and said, "I'll be back soon."  And then I left, not saying where I was going and returned 15 minutes later with a 'Dirty Dr. Pepper' with no ice and a straw (a local classic at our town's local soda shack).  I set it down in front of her without saying anything and walked away leaving her dumbfounded.  It was such a good feeling.

It makes you feel good that you did something so good, and you wont be able to stop smiling.  So next time you have a rough day, just remember one word- Service!

1 comment:

  1. Hi pretty girl :)
    it's been a while since i've checked in with you. thanks for the comment on my blog, it made me giggle. i totally have to agree, friendships just don't work out. my latest post is all my mushy gushy feelings on how it all turned out. what college do you go to!? ps, you should comment back on my blog cause i'll probably forget to check back soon.

    xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete