Disclaimer: this post is entirely a rant, it is my feelings on something very serious, please don't make fun, don't judge those who I speak of. You may not know how hard their walk of life may be. That being said, if I hurt your feelings, then I'm sorry. Don't say I didn't warn you. And someday, maybe, if you're lucky, I'll tell you the motivation behind this post.
I hate how the world of today places so much importance on the unimportant things.
Things that you see in the mirror, not the things that you see in your heart.
The world is more concerned about how a person looks on the outside, that they forget that a person has an inside also, a beautiful inside. The inside totally changes how we see the outside, and really, once we truly see the inside, the outside doesn't matter anymore.
The world is too concerned with make-up, skinny, dieting, hair, clothes, shoes, etc. etc.
The world is far too worried about the appearance of someone rather than their actual health.
Society is head-over-heals in love with some of the cosmetic aspects of a person's life to care about the person themselves.
It is because of this STUPID, MESSED UP, point-of-view that so many young girls, and even full-grown women are hurting themselves.
Society has placed such a large amount of their attention on the clothes, hair, make-up, body type, and has neglected to acknowledge the millions of girls and women with low-self-esteem and poor body image. Now, I do not blame society entirely but also our peers.
Junior High and High School is such a vulnerable age. This is a time that many turn to their friends to figure out who they are. This is a time when words can really cut deep wounds into a person. Girls especially, I think words hurt girls more than anything else. Being called fat, ugly or anything else that is negative with appearance can really hurt.
But what hurts more is watching someone take those negative words to heart and develop a terrible habbit. What hurts is watching that person inflict self-harm. And what hurts most is not knowing. Or in their situation, feeling like you can't tell anyone.
But I think what hurts the most, is watching the pounds come off, knowing that that person is unhealthy. Knowing that they're slowly killing themself. And knowing that they can't ask for help, because they're too afraid of what may happen.
I HATE that society even put the thought in their mind that they aren't pretty, and that they aren't perfect, and that to be pretty they must be skinny to be pretty.
And thus, is why I'm so angry with the way the world views their idea of "PRETTY"
Because this is the TRUTH:
EVERY girl/woman is beautiful. It doesn't matter what shape or size they are; it doesn't matter the color of their hair; it doesn't matter if they're wearing make-up or are going with the more natural look; doesn't matter if they're in sweats or an evening gown.
EVERY SINGLE WOMAN IS BEAUTIFUL.
Yes, you may weigh more than you'd like to, you may being wearing sweats, you may not feel like being seen in public, but here's the thing, STOP comparing yourself to the impossible Photoshopped image that the world has given us, along with the caption that says, "Here, this is beautiful, this is the standard that you need to live up to, good luck." NONE of us will ever live up to that image, and if you do, then I'm honestly amazed. And stop comparing yourself to the girl next to you, because she's comparing herself to you, she's wishing that she had YOUR hair (or some other trait) while you are secretly wishing for hers.
YOU are BEAUTIFUL just the way you are!
Now, Here's my challenge:
Go change into your grungiest sweats, go take all your make off, take out your contacts and put on your glasses, then stand in front of the bathroom mirror.
Did you do it?
I'm serious go do it...
Now look in the mirror, and tell yourself "I'm beautiful." Then find 20 things you like about yourself and tell yourself them outloud and the twentieth thing must be: I'm beautiful/gorgeous/pretty.
i.e. I like my eyes, they're a pretty green, I like how kind I am to the elderly, I like my smile, I like that I am Smart... etc.
i.e. I like my eyes, they're a pretty green, I like how kind I am to the elderly, I like my smile, I like that I am Smart... etc.
Lastly, you are NOT allowed to walk away from the mirror until you honestly believe that
YOU ARE GORGEOUS!
And thus is the end of my rant, Thank you and Good Night! :)
Good advice, sad girls make me sad too.
ReplyDelete/Avy
http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com
♥