Monday, August 4, 2014

Update

Okay so it's been 4 months since I've written.... oops.... well a quick update on me goes like this:
I finished the semester up with some of the most incredible roommates!  I seriously got so lucky.  I then moved to Jackson, WY for the summer where I am working as a wrangler up here.  I celebrated 6 months of sobriety last month.  I also have seen so many miracles since I've been here. The Lord seriously works in the most mysterious ways and has blessed us so much.  The people I work with are ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE. I'm so grateful to know them.  I have fantastic roommates again- so blessed to know these girls and to know that they are changing my life forever.   I'm learning things from them that I couldn't learn from anyone else.  I've had the opportunity this summer to spend a lot of time thinking about life while driving a team of horses and I've come to the conclusion that we are like a horse.  Elder L. Tom Perry gave a fantastic talk this last conference about how we are the horse, the spirit is the bit, and our driver is the Father.  I testify of this so much.  I believe our father loves us so much and is often willing to give us advice through the spirit if we're willing to follow the bit.  Sometimes however, we get it in our mind that we need to go on specific way and we don't listen the bit or His voice so He, in an effort to get our attention, uses a whip with a good hard smack.  Sometimes that smack can hurt, and we don't understand why, but we can't see past our blinders and He, as the driver, can see so so much more.  For our own good, he finds a way to get our attention, even if it hurts a little bit, so that we can get back on the straight and narrow.

I feel so blessed to say that I am doing well.  I have struggled this summer with a lot of things including physical injuries, boy drama, depression, and wanting to relapse.  I also have found so many ways to celebrate the good and to find the happiness.   I'm grateful to be up here, and to let my testimony grow more and more every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment