Sunday, October 13, 2013

I've Found Some of the Good Times Ahead

The last little while, I've found myself getting depressed again.  I've been fighting it like you fight a cold in the first stages.  I began taking my "vitamin C", drinking more "water", getting a sufficient amount of "rest", and "washing my hands" more often, so to speak.  Replace Vitamin C, Water, Rest, and Washing hands for medication, counseling, 'me time', scriptures/ prayers and you'd have it down. 

Today, as I was driving home from my parents house, I realized that I'm happy.  I have had some more down days, but that I am in such a better place than I was last year at this time, or even the year before, or before that, or before that... well to put it short I'm in a better place than I have been in for a very long time!  I'm happy, I don't want my life to end- It's only begun, why would I want it to end now?  I came to the realization, that everyone was right when they said, "just hang in there, you're doing great, and things will get better."  There were so many times that I thought the only answer was suicide.. too many times in fact.  I'm so grateful that I didn't end my life. 

Life is so precious, it is something to be cherished and not taken for granted.  I love where I am in life, sure I still have down days, but I just persevere through them and remember that tomorrow will be better.  Sometimes I just have to remind myself to look up, and to remember that I am God's child! I am HIS!  He still loves me even thought I have made mistakes.
Love life!  Love where you are, be happy today, because tomorrow you will wish that you had been!  Keep your head up and push forward, and when times get hard, find your happy dance!  Find the one thing that you can do that you love!  Even if you feel silly doing it!  And if all else fails....
... then close your eyes, and imagine yourself being happy and not having a care in the world.  I know that is sometimes easier said than done, but there are "good things to come" I promise. 

"You keep walking, you keep trying, there is help and happiness ahead. Some blessings come soon. Some come late. Some don't come until heaven. But for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come. It will be alright in the end. Trust God and believe in Good Things to Come.”

No comments:

Post a Comment