Saturday, July 20, 2013

I'm Hard to Love

This last week or so has been one of the hardest in a long time.  I CANNOT stand working with a certain coworker who likes to tell me how to do my job, the problem is- is she is also my roommate so, I can't always escape.  Sometimes she is really hard to love. I'm really struggling.  And then later this week, I found myself doing some things that probably make it really hard to love me too.  I then heard the song Hard to Love by Lee Brice play multiple times in a day.  It only took a million times of singing the song to myself for me to realize that I am also hard to love.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvrcr08o3L1qlviivo1_500.jpg

We all have our downfalls.  We all have our flaws.  None of us are perfect.  We all face hardships- perhaps not the same hardships- but hardships just the same.  Most of us don't deserve the love that is shown to us, but some way, somehow people manage to love us for who we are.  They see the good, they see the potential and they love us just the same.  They see our struggles. They see us struggle and they love us because they know that we can overcome, because they know (from experience) how hard it can be, because they know that it's a hard trial that they hope to never go through, because they know us and know that we can do HARD things. 

Whatever the reason, I most likely don't deserve that love, but I am grateful for those who love me! "I'm hard to love, hard to love, I don't make it easy, I couldn't do it if I stood where you stood I'm hard to love, hard to love, you say that you need me, I don't deserve it but I love that you love me."

So perhaps, if you're having a rough time loving someone you can just remember that you are also hard to love at times.  Perhaps, it will make loving them easier.  

No comments:

Post a Comment