In moving I moved away from one of my good friends who also deals a lot with addiction- It's hard to go back to living in secrecy especially, but I don't want to be my addiction anymore I want to be MEL! And part of that is moving on- I'm still figuring that all out but, I'm ready to move on and grow I love who I am becoming and it's marvelous. My heavenly Father has taken such a good care of me he truly knows who I am and what I can handle. He has blessed me with some tough trials thus far but He knows that I can overcome and he knows that I will turn to him more when I'm being blessed with struggles. I can t even imagine how much He loves me. He has blessed me me with so much already and I love it.
I'm thinking of maybe writing my story down- but it still scares me way bad to put all that on paper and to actually let someones read that. It's a little nerve wracking to know that people could read about the rough and tumble times in my life but I don't know its still just a thought.
I'm beginning to appreciate the little things more and more. For example:
- Music- I love the way music makes me feel. Sometimes I think I'm more connected to my feelings because of music. It has truly been something that has been able to lift my soul so much.
- Sleep and Naps- I've never worked so hard in my whole life that it seems that I am always tired. I take naps nearly every afternoon and sleep for at least 8 hours every night. I've always loved my sleep but never as much as I do now.
- People- one thing that I've learned as I fight addiction is that people all have their stories. All people have had hard times in life. All have a back story that we hear only as a privileged friend or family member. I've began to love people more for who they are- It's easy to love a sinner when you recognize that you yourself are a sinner and neither of you are better than the other. It's very comforting to know that we all have something that we can learn from each other. I've begun to really love people.
Hello. You posted this over two months ago, but I haven't been in the blog world for approx. 17 years, so...
ReplyDelete"It's easy to love a sinner when you recognize that you yourself are a sinner..." I LOVE THIS!
This is something I've been contemplating recently. If I open my eyes to the people around me, not focusing on their words, actions, appearance, etc., but only their HUMANITY, the fact that they are people, that I am people, and we're that all just a big ol' bunch of people, great things could happen. Now, actually putting this into practice? Ha. Not exactly easy.
Can you imagine, though? Seeing yourself and everyone around you as equals? Talk about unity! This whole idea is still very, very, very much new to me, but I can picture myself, someday, mastering this art, having a completely different perspective, and an ability to more clearly see that I'm not alone. That I'm not the only insecure and indecisive woman, Capricorn, Hufflepuff, etc. Whoa. It's gonna be big.