Friday, January 18, 2013

Children of God

Last night I was given a wonderful opportunity.  I was attending a 12-Step group meeting. We had more people last night than I've ever seen come since I started going like 4-5 months ago.  IT WAS SO GREAT.  I turned to my friend sitting next to me, and said "wow there's so many people here tonight" she said, "I know isn't great?!?" and I thought yeah, it is great to see so many people coming back into the fold of our Savior.  It's sad, that Satan has been able to tempt us and pull us down as far as he has, but it's great that we're returning.  

 But that wasn't the part that was so amazing for me.  The most amazing part for me came a little later.  It started by an addict directing some of his words to the new-commers and talking about how our group isn't just a bunch of addicts in one room, but how our group is like a family.  A little while later, and I'm not sure what prompted the thought or feeling, but a while later as I looked around the room I saw every person there just as God must see us.  I had a very distinct feeling that we really are ALL family.  This group isn't just 'a bunch of addicts' they are my brothers and my sisters, and we are beloved children of God who are coming back to His fold.
I couldn't ask for any better group to share my recovery with, I'm so blessed to have the group.  I've made so many friends there, they've taught me so much- so much about myself, they've given me strength, and hey.. I even got a temple buddy out of it. I can honestly say that I love my 12-Step group, and I would willingly lay down my life for any of them. 

I debated about sharing this experience with you, but I chose to share because I think it's important that we remember that we are all His children.  It doesn't matter how far you've strayed from the path, He still loves you- He won't love you any less just because you messed up. He is continually calling for you- and me- to come back.  And if you make the choice to come back- and ask for His help, then I testify that He WILL help you! 

You are a beloved son or daughter of God.  I hope you can see that.  And if you have strayed from the path- I want you to know that there is hope, it's never too late, you can come back.  You can do HARD things!




No comments:

Post a Comment