I don't know how many times I've thought to myself, "My daddy is such a sweetheart." He loves my mom so much and has taken the best care of her especially since her knee surgeries. My dad has made sure that the house is safe, and comfortable for her to get around. He made her lunch, spent nearly everyday at the hospital at her bedside, and so much more. Now, he does anything he can to help her and shows his love in the smallest ways. Flowers for no reason, or doing the laundry so she doesn't have to go down so many stairs. I love how my daddy has no problem showing his love for her in front of us kids, or in public. He really is so sweet.
I've got the best dad in the world. He always is making sure that I'm doing okay, and that my money situation is okay while I'm at college. He's the one who taught me how to drive, and let me practice driving with him. It is because of him that I am the person I am today. He has taught me about honesty, and the importance of the church in my life. He encouraged me to do my best in school and always strive for good grades. He taught me what I know about flowers and other plants. He is constantly making sure that I am being the best person I can possibly be. He sees my potential and knows what I am capable of. I love that any time I just need to talk about school, or something that he will just listen and then tell me what he thinks. Anytime I need a hug, or am feeling down, I can always count on my daddy to make my day better. He is the best daddy in the whole world!
I'm sure everyone has a person like this in their life. Someone who just makes them happy, and makes them want to grow up to be like. I'm just sorry that I never realized this while I was in high school and that it took me moving out to understand how much of that little girl, who wanted to be just like her daddy, was still in me.
No comments:
Post a Comment