My days as of late have been like an emotional roller coaster. It seems that just as I get as low as I can possibly get, someone or something pricks my heart and reminds me of my loving Heavenly Father. It gives me strength to carry on with the things I'm dealing with. It reminds me that I'm important, and that someone cares. about. me. ME! Some lost and confused college chick, someone cares about me.
Sometimes I forget that people care about me, sometimes I forget that I'm important. I feel like we all get that way sometimes.
I really don't know what to write about today. I'm really scatterbrained.
Mostly, I just feel like there is hope again. It doesn't matter what you've done, it doesn't matter what you've been through, or are going through. Because of the Atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ, He understands EXACTLY how we feel. As hard as that is to believe, it's so true. He will forgive us of our short comings and make up the difference.
There's a story in the New Testament that talks about an woman who has committed adultry and the people bring her to Christ and say she must be stoned. And he says, "He that is without sin, let him cast the first stone." In my bishop's office there is a picture of the scene and underneath it, it says "The only one who could have cast the first stone didn't." This to me shows how merciful Christ is, and how merciful God is, They truly care about us. They will not cast stones at you for your sins, instead they will encourage you to repent and "go thy way and sin no more."
Today I have found renewed hope. Today I'm so very grateful for the atonement, and my Savior and Heavenly Father.
No comments:
Post a Comment