In today's world, everything is viewed in thousands of different perspectives. This a blog with my small insights and perspective. This is Life As I See It.
Monday, January 17, 2011
In Retrospect
So today I picked up my trumpet for the first time in almost three years. Wow it was amazing to play again. I loved the feeling that it gave me, that burst of adrenaline and like nothing matters. I improved for a bit and then remembered the reason why I stopped playing. Feelings of depression, hate, and failure creeped back in, it was as if i were in the moment again on that day of late summer 2010, the last day i really played my horns. It was on that day that I decided that all prospects of a music major was out of the question. I told myself that if i did go into music, it would be in music therapy. I didn't want to be the reason that these already vulnerable kids, much like myself, despised music. Today all that changed. Although those feelings of despair came back temporarily, I remembered why I loved music so much, and what feeling performing gives me. I forgot all about the adrenaline rush you get right before a performance, and about all the work that goes into it but then when it's all done, and you've done what you can, the feeling of accomplishment it gives you. Today I took a step way into my past. A step that was very much needed for my progression. I believe that in order to know where you're going, you must know where you've been, and sometimes we have to remind ourselves of that. So now that I know music is back in as a possibility, I'm so confused about what I want to do with my life, career wise. I'm confused, but I feel like I have gained back something that I lost a long time ago.
Labels:
life,
music,
retrospect
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment